DAAF Scholarship Program
The Dayton Arab American Forum Endowed Scholarship was originally established in 2005.
I. Intentions of Donors
Alumni and friends (donors) have established the Dayton Arab American Forum Endowed Scholarship Fund at the University of Dayton (University).
II. Intentions of the University
- The University has created the endowment fund known as the Dayton Arab American Forum Endowed Scholarship Fund.
- The University will make an application available to students majoring in Communication. Should no Communication majors be of Arab descent, the application will be made available to students who are majoring in Engineering.
- All applications, on which the applicant has indicated that he/she is of Arab descent, will be sent to the Dayton Arab American Forum Board of Directors for their review and recommendation.
- Preferences are:
- Recipients shall be students of Arab descent who are majoring in Communication, or as a second consideration, those students who are majoring in Engineering and are of Arab descent.
- If no students meet either of the above criteria, the University will consult with the donors for input as to whether the applicant pool should be expanded or if they wish not to make an award in that particular academic year, with the earnings remaining in the spendable account for future years.
- Scholarship awards assist a student with the educational costs of an education at the University of Dayton and may not exceed the cost of attendance.
- Awards are made by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
- The principal of this fund will be held in perpetuity and the annual endowment payout will support the purpose described above. The University’s Board of Trustees will manage the fund in accordance with the University’s investment and disbursement policies.
- Any other individual or organization may contribute to the fund, and any such additions shall follow the terms of this agreement.
- The University may share the news of this gift in its publications and websites, as well as other media, as appropriate. All news items will be published at the discretion of the University editors.
Donations to the DAAF Scholarship Program should be made directly to the University Dayton with “DAAF Scholarship” written in the memo column of your check. A copy of your check should be faxed or emailed to DAAF Treasurer at email@example.com for DAAF credit.
Please send the check to:
Rory Dahlinghaus, Director for Development for College of Arts and Sciences, 300 College Park, Dayton, OH 45469-1658,firstname.lastname@example.org (937) 229-3089.